2016 League InformationUpdated Tuesday September 6, 2016 by Myron Jefferson.
· Games start weekend of Saturday/Sunday, September 10-11, 2016 and conclude with the AAU Colorado Youth Football State Championships on Saturday and Sunday, November 12-13, 2016 at the Evie Dennis Field @ DSST in Green Valley Ranch. The Colorado Youth Fotball Championship Series II at the Neta & Eddie DeRose ThunderBowl on the beautiful campus of the defending NCAA Division II National Champions CSU-Pueblo on Sunday, November 20, 2016.
· Official Practice start on Monday, August 1, 2016
· Unlimited Practices
· Coaches determine practice days and times.
· Teams will be grouped by age as follows: 6u, 7u, 8u, 9u, 10u, 11u, 12u, 13/14u
(Age as of July 31st).
· All CYFL divisions are competitive.
· 16 Player Minimum (10 Player Minimum 6u)
· 35 Player Maximum (16 Player Maximum 6u)
· Players may be added onto rosters thru September 16, 2016. $50 Roster Change fee applies after September 1, 2016
· Season will consist of 7-8 regular season games plus 1/2 additional games for playoffs and championship game.
· Games will mostly be played on Sunday with the possibility of weeknight & Saturday.
· There is no mandatory play count, this is competitive youth football! Although it is recommended each child plays during the game, it is at the sole discretion of the coaches. Note: It is the responsibility of the parent to make the decision on whether their child plays at this competitive level within the CYFL or if their child should compete at a recreational level within another league that has a mandatory play count.
· All teams and/or organizations will need to furnish their own playing equipment including helmets, shoulder pads, 7-piece pads, cleats, and game uniforms.
· Discounted prices available to all players, teams, and organizations through league sponsor Dick’s Sporting Goods, 1200 S. Ironton St., Aurora, CO 80012 Contact Brandon Yergey @ email@example.com
Playing Field Dimensions:
· All tackle football divisions will play on regulation HS fields measuring 100 yards long and 53 1/3 yards wide with 10 yard end-zones.
Game Rules, Playing Time:
· National Federation High School/CHSAA rules in effect unless stated by league rules otherwise.
· The CYFL will use a 4 12-minute running clock quarters for all divisions. Clock will stop during all time-outs and during the last 2-minutes of the 2nd & the 4th quarter on incomplete passes and out of bounds plays if the score is within 20 points
· 6u (7-man)
· The CYFL does not have a weight restrictions in any division, therefore we do not have weigh-ins.
· Individual Team Registration $125 per player
· All participants must provide proof of age with Birth Certificate or Passport.
· All participants must have a current AAU membership.
· All Independent Teams and Organizations must be a registered AAU Club.
· All coaches must be certified through CDC, USA Football Level I Coaches Certification, Positve Coaches Alliance and Purchase a Non-Athlete AAU Membership.
· All coaches must a complete a background check through AAU